You can become a Volunteer Naturalist at the tide pools! While the 2013 volunteer naturalist training is underway now, information about the 2014 class will be available in September. Please check back in September to find the details for the 2014 Training Clss. Here are the topics that are being covered in this year’s training:
2013 FFMR Training Class Topics. All Classes: 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturday.
- Class Overview; FFMR; History of FMR; Phyla Overview; Tides and Zonation; Class trip to FMR
- Cnidarians; Echinoderms; trip to FMR
- Sponges; Bryozoans; Tunicates; Marine Worms; trip to Pillar Pt. Harbor
- Arthropods; trip to FMR
- Marine Mammals; Chordates
- Algae; trip to FMR
- Mollusks; trip to FMR
- Interpretive Techniques; Teaching Strategies
- Tidepool Ecosystems; trip to FMR
If you missed the training but still want to help, there are a number of jobs for which training is not required. Visit the Volunteers page or contact Volunteer Coordinator Linda Ciotti at L8428@aol.com, or (650) 728-0129.